Faulty cables, overloading may have led to fire

Written By Unknown on Minggu, 29 Juni 2014 | 22.23

MUMBAI: The fire on the fifth floor of the New Administrative Building at CST on Friday evening seems, prima facie, to have been caused by a short circuit in the server room because of faulty cables or overloading of the electrical system.

The fire broke out at 5.15 pm in the server room of the Container Corporation of India (Concor) and took over over two hours to douse.The Central Railway (CR) formed a team to determine the cause of the fire.

A Concor official said the company had the infrastructure in place to prevent fires.

"Before the servers were installed, it was ensured that the system was able to carry adequate load," the official said. "The exact cause of the fire will be known on completion of the inquiry."

Concor said it did not have a central AC system.

The six-storey building holds offices of the CR as well as PSUs.

A senior official said some of the PSUs had adopted modern office designs with server rooms or centralized air-conditioning.

"It does appear that the cause of the fire was a short circuit due to overloading or faulty cables," the official said. "The PSUs have a false ceiling that may not be fire retardant. It has to be seen if the furniture and fixtures were fire-retardant."

Suresh Menon, secretary, Fire and Safety Association of India (FSAI) city branch, said most electric fires occured because of overloading or poor quality cable. "Whenever expansion of infrastructure is undertaken it has to be ascertained that the electrical wiring and transformers are capable of taking the additional load," Menon said.

Fire brigade officials said the old building had modern gadgets like computers but not basic fire-fighting equipment like extinguishers or sand buckets.

Anda sedang membaca artikel tentang

Faulty cables, overloading may have led to fire

Dengan url


Anda boleh menyebar luaskannya atau mengcopy paste-nya

Faulty cables, overloading may have led to fire

namun jangan lupa untuk meletakkan link

Faulty cables, overloading may have led to fire

sebagai sumbernya

0 komentar:

Posting Komentar

techieblogger.com Techie Blogger Techie Blogger