Man leaves 44-minute 'suicide note' on video

Written By Unknown on Senin, 25 November 2013 | 22.23

MUMBAI: In the second such instance in Mumbai in less than two months, the police have arrested a woman and her "paramour" for allegedly abetting the suicide of her husband after he left a video "blaming them for the act".

Businessman Jayesh Raut (29) hanged himself in his fourth-floor apartment in Sion's Pratiksha Nagar on November 18 and recorded the death on his phone. The 44-minute video also included a suicide note, where Raut held responsible his 23-year-old wife Trupti and her 38-year-old paramour Rajesh Verma. Raut said in the recording that he was depressed because his wife did not end her extramarital affair despite his many entreaties.

Before ending his life, Raut texted his wife, asking her to watch the suicide clip and to take a look at his body in Sion Hospital. Trupti and Verma were arrested on November 23 and remanded in police custody till Wednesday.

Police officers said Raut, who owned a flower shop outside Siddhivinayak Temple, and Trupti got married in February after a nine-year courtship. The couple moved to a rented flat in Sion, but differences erupted soon after.

They fought often and, in March, Trupti confessed to having an affair with Verma, according to officers. "Jayesh tried to counsel her, but in vain. She told him that Verma had helped her get a job at a Byculla car showroom where he worked. She left Jayesh's house and did not come back for four months. During this time, she lived with Verma in Virar," Raut's mother Lata told the police.

On November 16, Trupti returned and told Raut that she was two-month pregnant. Two days later, Verma dropped by and took Trupti away after a heated argument with Raut. "Jayesh tried to stop her by slitting his wrists, but she left anyway. Jayesh recorded the fight by leaving his phone camera on. He can be heard saying in it that he loves her and cannot live without her," said assistant commissioner of police (Sion division) Rajdoot Rupwate.

At 6.45pm, Raut texted Trupti and asked that she watch the recording of his suicide. He then laid the phone down on a table and hanged himself. Raut's younger brother Hemant said: "Trupti called me at 7.45pm and asked that we rush to my brother's house to save him. My mother and I found him dead."

Rupwate said that, apart from the video, cops have found a copy of a note Raut sent to the police in September. In that, he accused Trupti and Verma of mentally harassing him and held them responsible in case he ended his life. "We have seized the cellphones of Raut and Trupti and sent them to the Forensic Science Laboratory," said Rupwate.

In a similar incident, a 38-year-old driver, Sunil Ugde, had hanged himself in his Agripada hutment on October 8 after recording a video on his mobile phone, where he accused his wife and her paramour for driving him to suicide.

Anda sedang membaca artikel tentang

Man leaves 44-minute 'suicide note' on video

Dengan url

Anda boleh menyebar luaskannya atau mengcopy paste-nya

Man leaves 44-minute 'suicide note' on video

namun jangan lupa untuk meletakkan link

Man leaves 44-minute 'suicide note' on video

sebagai sumbernya

0 komentar:

Posting Komentar Techie Blogger Techie Blogger